TOP 7 HARDEST WOODS
1. Quebracho – From the Spanish “quebrar hacha,” which literally means
“axe breaker.” Aptly named, wood in the Schinopsis genus is among the
heaviest and hardest in the world.
2. Lignum Vitae -Widely accepted as the hardest wood in the world–this
wood has been listed as an endangered species and is listed in CITES.
Consider Verawood as a very close substitute.
3. Gidgee – This Australian endemic is both very heavy and very strong.
Some pieces are dark enough to be used as an ebony substitute: one that’s
even harder than the original article.
4. Snakewood – It’s easy to see what makes Snakewood so unique–its patterns
and markings resemble the skin of a snake. Limited supply and high demand
make this one of the most expensive woods on eart.
5. Verawood – Sometimes called Argentine Lignum Vitae, this wood is a gem:
inexpensive, great olive-green color, beautiful feathery grain pattern, and
it takes a great natural polish on the lathe.
6. Camelthorn – Formerly classified as a member of the Acacia genus, this
south African hardwood is a tough customer. The wood is stubbornly hard,
and the tree is protected by giant sharp thorns.
7. African Blackwood – In some parts of the world, this wood has achieved
an almost legendary status. Historical evidence points to this wood
(rather than Diospyros spp.) being the original “ebony.”
10 Reasons to choose our company!
2.FREE AFTERCARE PRODUCTS
3.COMMERCIAL OR RESIDENTAL
4.ALL WORKS GUARANTEED AND INSURED
5.FREE QUOTATION SERVICE
6.BEST EXPERTS WITH EXPERIENCE
7.ONLY HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS
8.99% DUST FREE SANDING TECHNIQUE
9.ECO- FRIENDLY AND PET FRIENDLY MATERIALS
10.RESULTS WHICH SPEAK LOUD FOR OUR QUALITY LEVEL
How it works
We can give you a estimate over the phone or via email if you have the dimensions, as We work on a rate per sq meter or sq yard the estimate will allow for minor repairs,sanding and finishing with three coats of varnish.
If the price quoted seems reasonable, We will then visit your home to look at the floor and discuss your thoughts, concerns and ideas for the project.
We will then send you a written estimate or email you an estimate for the work.
If you would like to go ahead We will give you a date on which We will hope to start your room. We do not charge for my estimates or advice.
If you have a floor in need of some care and attention, please contact us for a no-obligation quote.